Dimensions, lengths and ages for our children's guitars..
Successful, motivated playing depends above all on choosing the right size of instrument.
There are many sensible and nonsensical methods for ascertaining the right size. This page describes what in our experience is the most sensible. Please make sure to consult your teacher, or give us a call.
As some age ranges overlap, please proceed as follows for:
- scale length the height of your child
- Multiply the height by 0.4 (e.g. 143 cm x 0.4 = 58 cm)
- The result when rounded up corresponds approximately to the right scale length
- Our table then indicates the right guitar scale length
- Please note that this method is not always correct
- If in any doubt, please give us a call
|Size||Scale length||Age (child)||Overall Length (child)|
|1/8||440 mm||from 3- 5 years||ca. 110 cm|
|1/4||480 mm||from 5 -7 years||ca. 120 cm|
|1/2||525 mm||from 6 -8 years||ca. 133 cm|
|3/4||580 mm||from 8 - 11 years||ca. 145 cm|
|7/8||610 mm||from 10 years||ca. 153 cm|
|7/8||625 mm||from 10 years||ca. 158 cm|
|4/4||650 mm||from 12 years||from 163cm|